Mosquitoes, spiders and other insects. They sometimes leave unsightly stains in your sails. The steps below will make your sails like new.
This is how to remove mosquito stains from sailcloth:
- Fill a bin, clicker, tub or rain barrel with lukewarm water (30 degrees Celsius).
- Add Sail Cleaner 30 grams (1 scoop) per 1 liter of lukewarm water and mix.
- Fold or roll up the sail.
- Soak the sail for at least 24 hours while submerged.
- Remove the tarpaulin from the bath.
- Place it on a clean surface (construction tarp)
- Remove the loosened dirt and sail cleaner with a soft brush and plenty of water.
- Roll the tarp back up and soak overnight.
- Bring the water back to temperature by adding additional warm water
- Finally, rinse the sail well.
- Allow the sail to dry. This can possibly be done on board on a windless day.
Ultramar Sail Cleaner is not suitable for spinnaker cloth. Colored sails, UV strips, telltales may not be color stable. Try this first on a small piece of cloth.