How can I remove mosquito stains from my tarpaulin? - Instructions
Mosquitoes, spiders and other insects. They sometimes leave unsightly stains in your sails. With the steps below, your sails will be like new.
How to remove mosquito stains from tarpaulin:
- Fill a container, wheelie bin, bath or rain barrel with lukewarm water (30 degrees Celsius).
- Add Sail Cleaner 30 grams (1 scoop) per 1 liter of lukewarm water and mix.
- Fold or roll up the sail.
- Soak the tarp submerged for at least 24 hours.
- Take the tarp out of the bath
- Place it on a clean surface (construction sheet)
- Remove the loosened dirt and the sail cleaner with a soft brush and plenty of water.
- Roll up the tarp again and let it soak overnight.
- Bring the water back up to temperature by adding extra hot water
- Finally rinse the sail well.
- Let the sail dry. This is possible on board on a windless day.
Ultramar Sail Cleaner is not suitable for spinnaker cloth. Colored sails, UV strips, telltales may not be color stable. Try this on a small piece of cloth first.