You can have your sails washed at a sail laundry. But you can also do it yourself. We clean thousands of sails every year with this professional sail cleaning product. Check out the instructions and find out how to clean sails yourself.
Cleaning sails yourself is easier than you think
You may think that cleaning a yacht sail is difficult and tricky? Not really. All you need is:
- warm water
- a large tub, bin or bath.
- a brush
- possibly a large piece of tarpaulin
- clean water for rinsing.
Instructions for use: Cleaning sails with Ultramar Sail Cleaner
- Fill a bin, clicker, tub or rain barrel with lukewarm water (30 degrees Celsius).
- Add 30 grams (1 measuring spoon) per 1 liter of lukewarm water and mix.
- Fold or roll up the tarp.
- Soak the tarp for at least 24 hours while submerged.
- Remove the tarpaulin from the bath.
- Place it on a clean surface (construction tarp)
- Remove the loosened dirt and sail cleaner with a soft brush and plenty of water.
- Roll the tarp back up and soak overnight.
- Bring the water back to temperature by adding additional warm water
- Finally, rinse the sail well.
- Let the sail dry. This can possibly be done on board on a windless day.
Ultramar Sail Cleaner is not suitable for spinnaker cloth. Colored sails, UV strips, telltales may not be color stable. Try this on a small piece of cloth first.
Your sail stays clean with an extra coating
You can keep your sail nice and clean and protect it. View User Guide Sails Coating