At Ultramar, we clean and impregnate more than 2000 boat covers, umbrellas and tents in this way each year. Since 1998!
- We use all the products ourselves for treating boat covers professionally.
- The products are ready to use, so they can be used immediately.
- Step-by-step plan and products have been developed with more than 20 years of practical experience.
- Recommended for years by sailmakers, fabric manufacturers and water sports enthusiasts like you.
Why always clean and impregnate in 3 steps?
The dirt on your boat cover never consists of 1 type of dirt. It is sand, soot from exhaust gases, mould, algae and moss, droppings from insects and birds, salt, lime etc. You can never remove that with 1 product. Therefore, always clean in 2 steps. That way, you can be sure that the fabric is perfectly clean. The impregnating agent then adheres much better to the cloth. And that in turn ensures that your boat cover stays clean and watertight for much longer.
How much do you need?
It is difficult to say exactly how much product you need. It always depends on the condition of the canvas, the size of the boat cover and how much dirt is on it. Read more
We receive these questions daily.
- QUESTION: Do I have to impregnate the inside of my boat cover?
ANSWER: Yes, the inside of the tent must also be impregnated. The coating on the inside is very delicate. With many boat covers, the coating on the inside of the fabric ensures watertightness. This coating is very susceptible to mould and weather stains.
- QUESTION: How often do I have to impregnate my boat cover?
ANSWER: We recommend impregnating a boat cover immediately after purchase. This way, the coating gets a protective layer. After that, it is sufficient to impregnate the boat cover once or twice a year. In this way, the boat cover remains well protected.
- QUESTION: How can I make the seams waterproof?
ANSWER: Sprayhood & Tent Protector is very suitable for waterproofing the seams. Due to the large number of active substances, it is effective with poor stitching. You can fill in the holes by injecting the seams a number of times in succession.
- QUESTION: Do I have to dilute the shampoo and impregnating agent?
ANSWER: No, our products are ready to use. You thus know for sure that they will work perfectly.
- QUESTION: Can it get on the transparent windows of my boat cover?
ANSWER: It is not harmful if the shampoo, the Power Cleaner or the impregnating agent gets on the window film. Do you see dried drops of impregnating agent on the windows after impregnation? You can simply remove those with a cloth and a little white gas.
This is what others say about us! We are proud of that!
Want to order and receive Ultramar products easily at home?
- Delivery time 1 to 2 business days
- Free shipping for orders above 50.00
- Receive at home or pick up at a parcel shop nearby.
- Pay later? That is also possible with Ultramar!