Does this sound familiar?
- ... convertible roof leaking at the seams
- ... dirty deeply set stains on the fabric
- … ugly rain streaks on the side
- ... dirty stains from bird droppings and insects
Make your convertible roof perfectly clean and waterproof again in 3 simple steps!
- in steps 1 and 2 you can easily remove all the grime from your convertible cover
- in step 3 you can make the convertible fabric perfectly waterproof again and provide it with extra protection against grime, mould and algae.
How does it actually work?
These are the basics.
First clean with SPRAYHOOD & TENT SHAMPOO to remove all the grime
- First clean with lukewarm water. Use a soft, sturdy brush.
- Apply Sprayhood & Tent Shampoo to the wet fabric. Use a plant sprayer to distribute it well. Use the brush to loosen the grime.
- Allow the shampoo to soak in for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the shampoo and grime with the brush and plenty of water by rinsing and brushing. Rinse thoroughly.
- Allow the fabric to dry a little.
- Is grime still visible? Then continue cleaning with Power Cleaner. See step 2.
Remove all stains and heavy grime with POWER CLEANER.
- Apply Power Cleaner on the dry convertible roof. Use the spray or plant sprayer again. Then rub in with a soft brush.
- Allow to soak in for approximately 1 hour. Can't see any change? Spray extra Power Cleaner, brush and again allow to soak in. Repeat these steps until the stains are gone. This can sometimes take a few hours.
- Rinse well afterwards.
- Now allow the boat cover to dry well.
Protect the convertible roof and make it waterproof with SPRAYHOOD & TENT PROTECTOR.
- Spray Sprayhood & Tent Protector generously and evenly on the cloth. Use a plant sprayer. Also use on the inside of the roof! This gives you better protection against mould and weather stains on the inside.
- Do not allow Sprayhood & Tent Protector to dry on windows or varnish etc., but immediately remove with a damp cloth.
- Allow the fabric to dry well. Repeat the treatment as needed.
- Are there still some drops of impregnating agent left on the windows? Simply remove with a little white spirits.
- Then shine the windows with Ultramar Sprayhood & Tent Shampoo.
At Ultramar, we clean and impregnate more than 2000 boat covers, convertible roofs, umbrellas and tents in this way each year. Since 1998!
- We use all the products ourselves for treating boat covers professionally.
- products are ready to use, so they can be used immediately.
- Step-by-step plan and products have been developed with more than 20 years of practical experience.
- Recommended for years by sailmakers, fabric manufacturers and water sports enthusiasts like you.
Why always clean and impregnate in 3 steps?
The grime on your convertible roof never consists of just 1 type of grime. It is sand, soot from exhaust gases, insect and bird droppings, salt, limescale etc. You can never remove that with just 1 product. Therefore, always clean in 2 steps. That way, you can be sure that the fabric is perfectly clean. The impregnating agent then attaches much better to the cloth. And that in turn ensures that your convertible roof stays clean and watertight for much longer.
How much do you need?
It is difficult to say exactly how much product you need. It always depends on the condition of the fabric, the size of the convertible roof and how much grime is on it.
We receive these questions on a daily basis.
- QUESTION: Can I go through the car wash with my convertible?
ANSWER: No, it is not wise to go through the car wash with your convertible. The products in a car wash have been developed for cars. They are often strong agents that are not suitable for convertible cloth.
- QUESTION: How often do I have to impregnate my convertible roof?
ANSWER: We recommend impregnating a convertible roof immediately after purchase. This way, the coating gets a protective layer. After that, it is sufficient to impregnate the top once or twice a year. Then your convertible roof remains well protected.
- QUESTION: How can I make the seams waterproof?
ANSWER: Sprayhood & Tent Protector is very suitable for waterproofing the seams. Due to the large number of active substances, it is effective with poor stitching. You can fill in the holes by spraying the seams a number of times in succession.
- QUESTION: Do I have to dilute the shampoo and impregnating agent?
ANSWER: No, our products are ready to use. In this way, you can be sure that they will work perfectly.
- QUESTION: Can the impregnating agent get on the windows or paint of my convertible?
ANSWER: It is not harmful if the impregnating agent gets on your car. Can you see dried drops of impregnating agent on the windows after impregnation? You can simply remove these with a cloth and a little white spirits.
This is what others say about us! and we are proud of that!
Want to order and receive Ultramar products easily at home?
- Delivery time 1 to 2 business days
- Free shipping for orders above 50.00
- Take delivery at home or pick up at a parcel shop nearby.
- Pay later? That is also possible with Ultramar!