Does this sound familiar?
- ... convertible roof leaks at the seams
- ... dirty ingrained stains on the canvas
- ... ugly rain stripes on the side
- ... dirty stains from bird droppings and insects
Make your convertible roof perfectly clean and waterproof again in 3 simple steps!
- In steps 1 and 2, you can easily remove those annoying moulds, green deposits and rain stripes, and
- in step 3 you make the convertible roof perfectly waterproof again and provide it with extra protection against dirt, mould and algae.
How does it really work?
This is the basis.
First clean with SPRAYHOOD & TENT SHAMPOO to remove all the dirt.
- First clean with lukewarm water. Use a soft, sturdy brush.
- Apply Sprayhood & Tent Shampoo to the wet cloth. Use a plant sprayer to distribute it well. Use a brush the loosen the dirt.
- Leave the shampoo on for around 20 minutes.
- Remove the shampoo and dirt with a brush and plenty of water by rinsing and brushing. Rinse thoroughly.
- Leave the cloth to dry a little.
- Is dirt still visible? Then continue cleaning with Power Cleaner. See step 2.
Remove all stains and heavy dirt with POWER CLEANER.
- Apply Power Cleaner on the dry convertible roof. Use the spray or plant sprayer again. Then rub in with a soft brush.
- Leave on for approximately 1 hour. Do you not see any change? Spray extra Power Cleaner, brush and leave it to work again. Repeat these steps until the spots are gone. This can sometimes take a few hours.
- Rinse well afterwards.
- Let the convertible roof dry well.
Protect the convertible roof and make it waterproof with SPRAYHOOD & TENT PROTECTOR.
- Spray Sprayhood & Tent Protector generously and evenly on the cloth. Use a plant sprayer. Also use on the inside of the roof! This gives you better protection against mould and weather spots on the inside.
- Do not allow Sprayhood & Tent Protector to dry on windows or varnish etc., but immediately remove with a damp cloth.
- Let the cloth dry well. Repeat the treatment as needed.
- Are there any drops of impregnating agent left on the windows? Simply wipe with a little white gas.
- Then clean the windows with Ultramar Sprayhood & Tent Shampoo.
At Ultramar, we clean and impregnate more than 2000 boat covers, convertible roofs, sunshades and tents in this way each year. Since 1998!
- We use all the products ourselves for treating boat covers professionally.
- The products are ready to use, so they can be used immediately.
- Step-by-step plan and products have been developed with more than 20 years of practical experience.
- Recommended for years by sailmakers, fabric manufacturers and water sports enthusiasts like you.
Why always clean and impregnate in 3 steps?
The dirt on your convertible roof never consists of 1 type of dirt. It is sand, soot from exhaust gases, droppings from insects and birds, salt, lime etc. You can never remove that with 1 product. Therefore, always clean in 2 steps. That way, you can be sure that the fabric is perfectly clean. The impregnating agent then adheres much better to the cloth. And that in turn ensures that your convertible roof stays clean and watertight for much longer.
How much do you need?
It is difficult to say exactly how much product you need. It always depends on the condition of the canvas, the size of the convertible roof and how much dirt is on it. Read more
We receive these questions daily.
- QUESTION: Can I go through the car wash with my convertible?
ANSWER: No, it is not wise to go through the car wash with your convertible. The products in a car wash have been developed for cars. They are often strong agents that are not suitable for convertible cloth.
- QUESTION: How often do I have to impregnate my convertible roof?
ANSWER: We recommend impregnating a convertible roof immediately after purchase. This way, the coating gets a protective layer. After that, it is sufficient to impregnate the top once or twice a year. Then your convertible roof remains well protected.
- QUESTION: How can I make the seams waterproof?
ANSWER: Sprayhood & Tent Protector is very suitable for waterproofing the seams. Due to the large number of active substances, it is effective with poor stitching. You can fill in the holes by injecting the seams a number of times in succession.
- QUESTION: Do I have to dilute the shampoo and impregnating agent?
ANSWER: No, our products are ready to use. You thus know for sure that they will work perfectly.
- QUESTION: Can the impregnating agent get on the windows or paint of my convertible?
ANSWER: It is not harmful if the impregnating agent gets on your car. Do you see dried drops of impregnating agent on the windows after impregnation? You can simply remove those with a cloth and a little white gas.
This is what others say about us! We are proud of that!
Want to order and receive Ultramar products easily at home?
- Delivery time 1 to 2 business days
- Free shipping for orders above 50.00
- Receive at home or pick up at a parcel shop nearby.
- Pay later? That is also possible with Ultramar!