This is the basis.
At Ultramar, we clean and impregnate more than 2000 boat covers, convertible roofs, sunshades and tents in this way each year. Since 1998!
- We use all the products ourselves for treating boat covers professionally.
- The products are ready to use, so they can be used immediately.
- Step-by-step plan and products have been developed with more than 20 years of practical experience.
- Recommended for years by sailmakers, fabric manufacturers and water sports enthusiasts like you.
Why always clean and impregnate in 3 steps?
The dirt on your convertible roof never consists of 1 type of dirt. It is sand, soot from exhaust gases, mould, algae and moss, droppings from insects and birds, salt, lime etc. You can never remove that with 1 product. Therefore, always clean in 2 steps. That way, you can be sure that the fabric is perfectly clean. The impregnating agent then adheres much better to the cloth. And that in turn ensures that your convertible roof stays clean and watertight for much longer.
How much do you need?
It is difficult to say exactly how much product you need. It always depends on the condition of the canvas, the size of the convertible roof and how much dirt is on it. Read more
We receive these questions daily.
- QUESTION: Can I go through the car wash with my convertible?
ANSWER: No, it is not wise to go through the car wash with your convertible. The products in a car wash have been developed for cars. They are often strong agents that are not suitable for convertible cloth.
- QUESTION: How often do I have to impregnate my convertible roof?
ANSWER: We recommend impregnating a convertible roof immediately after purchase. This way, the coating gets a protective layer. After that, it is sufficient to impregnate the top once or twice a year. Then your convertible roof remains well protected.
- QUESTION: How can I make the seams waterproof?
ANSWER: Sprayhood & Tent Protector is very suitable for waterproofing the seams. Due to the large number of active substances, it is effective with poor stitching. You can fill in the holes by injecting the seams a number of times in succession.
- QUESTION: Do I have to dilute the shampoo and impregnating agent?
ANSWER: No, our products are ready to use. You thus know for sure that they will work perfectly.
- QUESTION: Can the impregnating agent get on the windows or paint of my convertible?
ANSWER: It is not harmful if the impregnating agent gets on your car. Do you see dried drops of impregnating agent on the windows after impregnation? You can simply remove those with a cloth and a little white gas.
This is what others say about us! We are proud of that!
Want to order and receive Ultramar products easily at home?
- Delivery time 1 to 2 business days
- Free shipping for orders above 50.00
- Receive at home or pick up at a parcel shop nearby.
- Pay later? That is also possible with Ultramar!