This way you can store the cotton tent
What is the best way to store a cotton tent?
- A lot of mould and weather stains occur when the tent is neatly stored away.
- Make sure the tent is clean and dry. Only when you are sure of this can you store the tent.
- Put the tent in a cotton bag. For example, roll it up in an old cotton duvet cover. This allows the tent canvas to breathe.
- Store all the poles, pegs, lines, etc. in a different bag. This way you prevent grime and mould spores from getting on the tent canvas.
- Place the tent in a place where the temperature is always the same. For example in the attic. So don't put it in a caravan all winter. Due to the temperature fluctuation, condensation easily forms. Condensation in turn gives a greater chance of mould.
Impregnate the cotton tent before storing it. You can thus be sure that canvas is well protected.