'I have already washed my sails. The product does what it promises. I am very satisfied and can certainly recommend it.' - (REVIEW) Johann van den Heuvel
- Sailcloth quickly becomes dirty due to mosquitoes, spiders etc.
- Clean your sails yourself with Sail Cleaner
- Specially developed cleaning agent for sailcloth
- Cleaning method: soaking
- Soak the sail in a bath, tub or bin.
- Used by Ultramar Zeilwasserij since 1998
Suitable for, e.g.:
- Wovens - woven sailcloth for touring and competitive sails
- Laminates - laminate sailcloth for touring and competitive sails
For sailcloth from, for example:
- Contender Sailcloth
- Challenge Sailcloth
- Dimension Polyant
Instructions for use Ultramar Sail Cleaner 1 KG:
- Fill a container, tub, bath or rain barrel with lukewarm water (30 degrees Celsius).
- Mix 1 kg of Sail Cleaner per 50 litres of lukewarm water.
- Fold/roll the sail.
- Leave the sail submerged for at least 24 hours.
- Then remove loosely soiled dirt and cleaning agent with a soft brush and plenty of water.
- If necessary, soak for several days and repeat the treatment.
- Then protect the sail with Ultramar Sail & Spinnaker Coating to give the sail extra protection against mould, green deposits and stains.
- 1 kg = 50 litres
- By adding additional hot water after 24 hours, you can soak the sail again.
- In the case of severe soiling, you can soak the sail for several days and repeat the treatment.
- Then protect the sail with Ultramar Sail & Spinnaker Coating.
- Do not use Sail Cleaner on spinnaker cloth.
- Coloured sails, UV strips, telltales cannot be colour-stable. Then first try on a small piece.