This is the basis.
At Ultramar, we specialize in cleaning and waterproofing tents. Every year we treat more than 2000 boat caps, parasols and tents in this way. Since 1998!
- We use all the products ourselves to treat tents professionally.
- The products are ready to use, so they can be used immediately.
- Step-by-step plan and products have been developed with more than 20 years of practical experience.
- Recommended for years by well-known tent makers, fabric manufacturers and campers like you!
Why always clean and impregnate in 3 steps?
The dirt on your tent never consists of 1 type of dirt. It is sand, soot from exhaust gases, mould, algae and moss, resin from trees, droppings from insects and birds, salt, lime etc. You can never properly remove that with 1 product. Therefore, always clean in 2 steps. You can thus be sure that the fabric is perfectly clean. The impregnating agent then adheres much better to the canvas. And that in turn ensures that your tent stays clean and watertight for much longer .
How much do you need?
It is of course difficult to say exactly how much cleaning agent and impregnating agent you need. It always depends on the condition of the tent canvas, the size of the tent and how much dirt is on it. Read more examples tent awning
We receive these questions daily.
- QUESTION: Do I also have to impregnate the tent on the inside?
ANSWER: Yes, the inside of the tent must also be impregnated. The tent canvas on the inside is in fact very vulnerable and susceptible to fungi and the familiar weather stains.
- QUESTION: How often do I have to impregnate my tent?
ANSWER: We recommend impregnating a tent immediately after purchase. This way, the original coating gets a protective layer. After that, it is sufficient to impregnate the tent once or twice a year. In this way the tent canvas remains well protected.
- QUESTION: How can I make the seams of my tent waterproof?
ANSWER: You can easily fill the holes in the stitching by spraying the seams a number of times in succession with the impregnating agent.
- QUESTION: Do I have to dilute the shampoo and impregnating agent?
ANSWER: No, our products are ready to use. You thus know for sure that they will work perfectly.
- QUESTION: Can it get on the transparent windows of my tent?
ANSWER: It is not harmful if the shampoo, the Power Cleaner or the impregnating agent gets on the window film. Do you see dried drops of impregnating agent on the windows after impregnation? You can simply remove those with a cloth and a little white gas.
- QUESTION: How can I impregnate a large tent awning?
ANSWER: You can apply our impregnating agents with a plant sprayer. A pressure sprayer is easy for large surfaces. This allows you to spray evenly.
If the awning is very large or high, you can do the following:
- Attach the awning to the caravan by sliding the string into the rails
- Now let the tent hang
- Spray all parts of the tent with the impregnating agent
- Now place part of the frame (or the entire frame) under the tent
- Make sure that all parts are off the ground and can dry well
This is what others say about us! We are proud of that!
Want to order and receive Ultramar products easily at home?
- Delivery time 1 to 2 business days
- Free shipping for orders above 50.00
- Receive at home or pick up at a parcel shop nearby.
- Pay later? That is also possible with Ultramar!