Do not go through the car wash with a convertible. The fabric of your convertible top is very vulnerable.
Why you should never go through the car wash with a convertible
There are many reasons why you should not wash your convertible in a car wash. Here are the main ones:
- The cleaning agents in a car wash have been developed for cars. Not for the vulnerable convertible cloth.
- Stitching is sometimes weak due to UV radiation. From brushes damage the stitching Furthermore.
- Convertible cloth consists of several layers. They are glued together. From brushes press hard on the convertible top, allowing these layers to come loose.
- The connection between the window and the canvas is very fragile. Brushes can damage that connection.
- Cleaning agents are not sufficiently rinsed from the cloth. As a result, an impregnating agent is less effective. The cloth will also attract dirt more quickly.
- From wax in a car wash is not suitable and not strong enough to properly protect the convertible cloth.
Are you looking for cleaning agents for convertible tops? View our range.